What Is Identity Management?
Identity management (IDM) is the process with established identities for authenticating, identifying and authorizing to have access to applications, systems or networks by associating user rights and restrictions for individuals or groups of people. Managing multiple digital identities and accesses can be a huge task for any company. Identity management solution can increase your productivity, lower your daily time spend on administration and decrease your costs significantly with our state of the art.
The objective of identity management is to ensure that only authorized users are granted access to the specific applications, systems or IT environments for which they are authorized. This will manage the user provisioning and the process of onboarding new users such as employees, partners, clients and other stakeholders and which also includes organizing the process of authorizing system /network permissions for existing users and the offboarding of users who are no longer authorized to access organization systems.
Identity management explains the process by:
- Managing the user roles, privileges, and credentials
- Responsible for Administrators delegate
- Provisioning and coordinating the user identities
- Preferences and passwords to self-manage by users
- Application deploy by admins is an ease and secure
- Automation of application provision
Importance of Identity management
Digital identity management is associated with the security and productivity of the organization for the enterprise security plan. The use of Identity management solution is essential to prevent online threats such as hacking, frauds, and phishing, malware and ransomware attacks.
Identity management systems can add an additional layer to the organization protection by ensuring user access policies and rules are applied consistently.
Benefits of the Identity management system:
- Cost reduction for administration through centralized account management and automated tasks
- Accelerate application deployment by enabling new applications to use the existing infrastructure to provision user accounts and privileges
- Less time is taken for new user access to applications
- Security and usability by centrally managing user passwords and credentials will be improved.
- Ease of use and works efficiently
- Improves user Experience
- Identity management can also be used to improve employee productivity, which is especially important when onboarding new employees.
Identity Management System Components
A complete identity management system includes the following components:
- To mange and storing the user information with a scalable and secure, and standards-compliant directory service.
- A provisioning framework that can either be linked to the enterprise provisioning system, for example: operated in standalone mode or human resources application.
- A delegated administration model and application that allows the administrator of the identity management system to selectively delegate access rights to an administrator of an individual application or directly to a user.
- A directory integration platform that allows the enterprise to connect the identity management directory to legacy or application-specific directories.
Contact us here and get a free demo!